At Seetec Outsource we are committed to supporting our employer partners and apprentices at this difficult time. We have introduced a number of measures to ensure our learners continue to receive training and support and can continue with their learning.
In line with guidance around social distancing we are delivering a fully remote and online service. We have replaced face-to-face training, workshops and coaching sessions with a variety of distance learning alternatives, including:
- Virtual classrooms to enable remote teaching
- Adapted delivery materials and use of good remote teaching practices (e.g. questioning, screen swap/share, research, discussion, review of work and feedback)
- Live and pre-recorded webinars on specific topics of difficulty
- Use of video-conferencing to facilitate remote group exercises and peer support
- Access to a wide range of e-learning resources
Our remote delivery model also takes into consideration the health and wellbeing of our apprentices as they adapt to a very different learning experience. With this is mind we will be incorporating:
- Bitesize teaching and learning to minimise screen time
- Use of activity-based learning to punctuate trainer-led sessions
- Additional 1-2-1 support for learners when needed
- Flexibility in relation to learning to take into account personal circumstances (e.g. childcare commitments)
The measures we have introduced apply equally to furloughed employees who can still complete training during furlough. We will work with you and your apprentice to adapt their programme of learning in a way that suits current circumstances and enables them to meet the off-the-job training requirements of their apprenticeship standard. Further guidance for employers, apprentices and training providers can be found on the government website.
There will inevitably be disruption to organisations and individuals over the coming weeks and months, but we believe it is more vital than ever for businesses to invest in the skills they need to build resilience, stay competitive and preserve staff morale. We will continue to support you and your apprentices as we navigate these challenges together.
For further information and advice and to discuss your training needs in more detail please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 3891 999.