Approximately 24 months.
This apprenticeship would suit individuals looking to progress within credit management and debt collection. It will enable learners to practise proactive and complex interaction with customers who are high risk due to having multiple debts, consistently reaching credit limits or breaching credit agreements, missing repayments to minimise / recover bad debts while retaining positive sustained relationships.
The programme also builds the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in what are often fast-paced, target-driven roles and continue to maximise cash flow within an organisation whilst still achieving fair customer outcomes.
Roles this programme is suited to:
- Advanced credit controller
- Debt collection specialist
- Customer account manager
- Credit risk manager
- Senior credit controller
Key learning outcomes:
- Principles of credit management and debt collection
- Reviewing and analysing customer applications
- Managing complex customer relationships
- Understanding of legal, risk and compliance requirements
- In-depth understanding of systems, tools and processes
- Making decisions on appropriate enforcement/recovery action
Professional recognition and certification:
The programme will involve studying for and gaining the CICM Level 3 Diploma in Credit and Collections.
You’ll be eligible to apply for professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM) when you successfully complete this programme.