As an aviation ground operative you’ll be working in a specialist role to support the safe arrival, turnaround and departure of aircraft. You could work in a number of environments, from commercial airports and military bases to heliports and other airfields.
This programme will help you develop the core knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to perform the duties of the role safely and efficiently. You’ll also develop skills in one of five specialist functions: aircraft handling, aircraft movement, firefighting, flight operations or passenger services.
Roles this programme is suited to:
- Ground operations assistant
- Ground handling agent
- Turnaround coordinator
- Aircraft handler
- Baggage handler
Key learning outcomes:
- Identifying and using key aviation systems relevant to own role
- Complying with all relevant legislation, procedures and regulations within own area of responsibility
- Being aware of, preventing and reporting hazards or incidents in an aviation environment
- Communicating effectively to transmit or receive information and recording it as required
- Working effectively as part of a team and with others
- Additional knowledge and skills relating to one of five specialist functions: aircraft handling, aircraft movement, firefighting, flight operations or passenger services.
Qualifications and certification:
Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) level 2 apprenticeship certification