Designed for individuals working within credit management, this programme will help you build the technical and interpersonal skills you need to monitor and manage customer accounts effectively.
You’ll learn to interact proactively with customers to collect money owed while retaining positive relationships for the longer term. You’ll develop an understanding of the ways in which credit management protects cash flow in order to facilitate all wider business activity.
Roles this programme is suited to:
- Credit controller
- Credit collector
- Customer account clerk
- Purchase ledger clerk
- Accounts receivable clerk
Key learning outcomes:
- Principles of credit management and collections
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance framework
- Understanding of systems, tools and processes
- Industry and organisation understanding
- Communication and relationship building
- Negotiating and decision-making
Professional recognition and certification:
There are no mandatory qualifications for this programme, although some employers may embed the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM) Certificate in Credit Management.
You’ll be eligible to apply for affiliate membership of the CICM when you successfully complete the programme.