Develop the knowledge and technical competence needed to set people up on IT systems and provide support as required, rectifying issues to maintain productivity and ensuring organisations run smoothly.
You’ll help internal and external customers to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non-routine problems.
Roles this programme is suited to:
- Help desk technician
- First line support technician
- Second line support technician
- IT infrastructure technician
- Network support technician
Key learning outcomes:
- Cabling and connectivity
- Networking and architecture of computer systems
- Remote infrastructure
- IT security
- Workflow management
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication
Professional recognition and certification
This programme includes mandatory qualifications. You’ll be expected to achieve one knowledge module or vendor / professional qualification from each of the following five sections:
- Networking and architecture
- Mobile and operating systems
- Cloud services
- Coding and logic
- Business processes
On completion you’ll be eligible for entry onto the Register of IT Technicians with BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT, who can support your ongoing career development.