Currently the jobs will be based at various locations which will include City Hall (near London Bridge station and Tower Bridge). The Mayor has announced that City Hall will be relocating from City Hall to the Crystal building in the Royal Docks. It is likely most roles will be based at The Crystal Building from January 2022 as well as Union Street. (near London Bridge)
Greater London Authority
The apprenticeship is a structured programme of learning (a combination of on and off the job training). On the job an apprentice works alongside GLA staff, off the job they undertake a tailored training programme, working towards a recognised apprenticeship qualification.
The main purpose of all the apprentice roles will be to provide administrative support to the hosting team however the specific tasks will depend on the work of the team.
Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Handling correspondence and providing responses to straightforward letters and emails
- Arranging and/or undertaking document production services, e.g. photocopying or mailings
- Arranging meetings, taking minutes and managing diaries
- Word processing, data entry and data checking
- Maintaining filing and other office systems
- Providing a first point of contact for enquiries
- Responding to requests for information from internal and external contacts
- Following documented procedures and processes to update websites
- Producing presentations or briefings (using MS Office PowerPoint)
- Providing event support
- Provide support to projects
- Research, desk based and working with internal resources
- Network and attend meetings with both external and internal groups
- Other administrative responsibilities as may be required on a flexible basis
You will be supported to make the most of your time with the Greater London Authority (GLA), with on and off the job training and plenty of opportunities to contribute to work across the organisation.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
London’s diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London’s diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.
Find out more about the apprenticeships at the GLA: https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/jobs-and-working-city-hall/become-apprentice-city-hall
Currently the jobs will be based at various locations which will include City Hall (near London Bridge station and Tower Bridge). The Mayor has announced that City Hall will be relocating from City Hall to the Crystal building in the Royal Docks. It is likely most roles will be based at The Crystal Building from January 2022 as well as Union Street. (near London Bridge) ***
**** Candidate Open Evening
GLA are holding a virtual open evening on Thursday 15 April from 17:30- 19:00pm. This is for candidates who would like to know more about the GLA Apprenticeship Programme before submitting their application. Attending this session will help you gain an understanding of the role, the apprenticeship and the recruitment process.
We encourage you to attend if possible, all interested individuals and their supporters are welcome. Booking can be made via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gla-business-administrator-apprenticeship-open-evening-tickets-148012398067.
Assessment Date: week commencing 7th June 2021.
Team Interviews: week commencing 21st June 2021.
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths (desirable)
- GCSE or equivalent in ICT (desirable)