Feltham, TW14 0NG
Sandford Freight (U K ) Ltd
Majority of time will be spent in busy Sea Freight import department initially.
Duties will include the start to finish process for Sandford Freight clients and include:
- General freight forwarding administration.
- Assisting with clients import / export requirements ensuring a high level of customer service at all times.
- Developing strong client relationships.
- Booking shipments with carriers – airlines, shipping lines and road transport companies.
- Processing of all shipping documentation.
- Processing of customs declarations.
- Maintaining accurate records of all cargo movements.
- Provide advice to clients on aspects of importing / exporting cargoes.
- Feedback any operational issues to line manager.
- Gain an understanding of accounts department both on the credit control and bought ledger side including foreign currency
- Must be a good communicator both verbally and written. Have a high attention to detail
- Living within a 20 mile radius of work location
- Good understanding of geography
- Have a passion for freight forwarding / shipping sector and be eager to learn
Ideally 5 GCSE’s A*-C / 9-4 including maths and English.
A Levels would be an added bonus but not a necessity.