This programme lays the foundations for a successful career in public relations and communications, enabling you to build, protect and maintain a positive reputation for brands, organisations and individuals.
Working as part of an agency or in-house for an employer you’ll learn to communicate with different people, including the media, the public and a variety of internal or external audiences, to get your client’s or organisation’s message across and influence opinions and behaviours in the most effective way.
Roles this programme is suited to:
- Junior account executive
- Junior consultant
- Junior press officer
- Junior publicist
- Public affairs assistant
- Campaign assistant
- PR assistant
- Communications assistant
Key learning outcomes:
- Understanding of current affairs, the PR industry, the media and marketing
- Setting public relations and communications objectives
- Building effective relationships and interpersonal communications
- Using IT effectively to support campaigns
- Producing content, including press releases, feature pitches, social media posts and live events
- Supporting the production of non-written content, including film production management, social image creation and infographic production
- Distributing content to maximise positive communications opportunities, including media relations processes, search marketing and social channels, networks and platforms.
- Evaluating results and analysing the impact of communications activity
Professional recognition and certification:
On successful completion of the programme you’’ll be eligible to apply for membership of the Public Relations & Communications Association (PRCA).