Ideal for aspiring LGV drivers, this programme will help you build the knowledge and skills you need to drive your career forward.
Working in a variety of localities – from city centres and towns to rural locations – you’ll ensure that the right products are delivered at the right time and with the correct documentation. As part of this programme you will obtain your Category C licence, enabling you to drive large goods vehicles.
Who is this programme for?
The programme would suit individuals who
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Hold a Category B (car) driving license
The programme would suit new recruits with no previous experience within logistics as well as warehouse, office or driving staff who want to move into a large goods vehicle driver role.
Key learning outcomes:
- Safe and controlled driving techniques
- Safe use of equipment and machinery
- Preparing and protecting the vehicle and its load
- Planning routes effectively
- Understanding the environmental impact of the industry
- Using relevant technology and IT applications
- Effective communication with customers and colleagues
- Identifying and meeting customer needs
Qualifications and certification:
- Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) level 2 apprenticeship certification
- You will obtain your Category C LGV licence while on programme