Develop the knowledge and skills to deliver departmental and organisational objectives effectively, in either a Transport or Warehouse working environment.
Designed for individuals working in logistics-related industries, who manage the day-to-day operations involved in supply chain management, ensuring activity, personnel and/or vehicles meet customer expectations and regulatory requirements.
Learners will be able to specialise in one of two areas: the Transport Supervisor ensures the safe and compliant utilisation of all drivers and equipment whilst the Warehouse Supervisor ensures the provision of a professional incoming goods, storage and dispatch service to customers.
The Transport Supervisor pathway will involve studying for and gaining the Level 3 Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence.
Roles this programme is suited to:
- Depot supervisor
- Hub supervisor
- Senior warehouse operative
- Transport coordinator
- Traffic planner
- Warehouse manager
Key learning outcomes:
- Factors that affect workplace efficiency and how these can be managed.
- Organisational and individual KPIs and strategies for meeting these.
- Organisational procedures for delivering customer service, managing customer accounts, information and quotations.
- Carry out disciplinary and manage grievances as per organisational guidelines.
- Lead team and departmental communications and meetings.
- Professional approach – constructively manage difficult situations with colleagues, always striving to achieve the best outcome for the organisation and wider team.